New England Numerical Analysis Day 2009
University of Rhode Island
Department of Mathematics, Lippitt Hall
April 4, 2009, 9:00am-5:30pm
This meeting will be (what we hope will be) the first in a series of annual, informal meetings dedicated to numerical analysis and related areas held at universities in the New England area.
Program Now Available!
Click here for the conference program and slides from talks.
Pictures from the Conference now available!
Click here for conference photos.
If you would like to attend, please register online, it is fast and there is no registration fee.
- University of Rhode Island Foundation
- University of Rhode Island Department of Mathematics
- University of Rhode Island Visiting Scholars Program
- Rhode Island Alpha Pi Mu Epsilon Chapter
Philip Davis (Brown) (talk withdrawn)
- Vladimir Druskin (Schlumberger)
- Alan Edelman (MIT)
- Misha Kilmer (Tufts)
- Steve Leon (UMass Dartmouth)
- Vadim Olshevsky (UConn)
- Upendra Prasad (UConn)
- Lothar Reichel (Kent State)
- Gilbert Strang (MIT)
- Michael Zaslavsky (Schlumberger)
- Pavel Zhlobich (UConn)
Lippitt Hall. The conference will take place in the new home of the URI Department of Mathematics, Lippitt Hall. Lippitt Hall, originally built in 1897, is a highly visible and recognizable building on URI's centrally located Quadrangle, and is reopening after a complete, $8.9 million dollar renovation.
For more details, see the press release about Lippitt Hall's ribbon cutting ceremony, and some additional information.
Accomodations & Directions
- Hampton Inn South Kingstown, 20 Hotel Drive, South Kingstown, RI 02879.
- Holiday Inn South Kingstown Newport Area, 3009 Tower Hill Road, South Kingstown, RI 02874
Other Directions. For details about travel by bus, plane, or train, click here.
- From the north, take I-95 South to Exit 9 (Route 4 South) in RHODE ISLAND, follow Route 4 to Route 1 South. Stay on Route 1 until the intersection of Route 138 West. Route 138 West will bring you to the University.
- From the south, take I-95 North to Exit 3A (Route 138 East). Continue east on Route 138 to the University.
- From Newport, follow Route 138 West over the Newport and Jamestown bridges to Route 1. Take Route 1 South to Route 138 West. Follow Route 138 West to the University.
Campus Maps. Lippitt Hall is building 62 located in rectangle B5 on the campus map. A campus map indicating both the conference location and where to park is here; no parking passes are required to park on campus on Saturdays.
Jim Baglama (URI),
Tom Bella (URI),
Li Wu (URI).
For further information, contact us.