Welcome to MTH 111! In order to make sure that you have the information you need to be successful in this course, and to avoid misunderstandings later, I ask you to read and save this sheet.
1. MTH 111 assumes that you have had high school Algebra II and Geometry. Although we will do some review some in MTH 111, it is your responsibility to know, review, or learn, this material. Specifically, you are expected to know the following:
2. You are expected to come to class.
You are expected to consult the course web-site for course information and to download and/or print any material of which you want a personal copy.
3. You are required to do your own work unless specifically told otherwise by your instructor (e.g. a joint project). In support of honest students, those discovered cheating on assignments (including computer assignments) or exams will receive a grade of 0 on the assignment or exam, or something more severe. Use of unauthorized aids such as cheat sheets or information stored in calculator memories, will be considered cheating. The Mathematics Department and the University strongly promote academic integrity.
4. Grades of Incomplete will be given only in cases meeting the strict conditions in the University bulletin.
5. You are expected to abide by the University's civility policy:
"The University of Rhode Island is committed to developing and actively protecting a class environment in which respect must be shown to everyone in order to facilitate the expression, testing, understanding, and creation of a variety of ideas and opinions. Rude, sarcastic, obscene or disrespectful speech and disruptive behavior have a negative impact on everyone's learning and are considered unacceptable. The course instructor will have disruptive persons removed from the class."