1. Let q be an angle in standard position whose terminal side contains the point (-1,3). Find sin q , cos q , tan q , and q .
2. Find the exact value of tan(cos -1 (1/4)).
3. Let f(x) = 4 cos(p/2 - x). For this function find its amplitude, period, and phase shift and sketch its graph on the interval [0,4p].
4. A tower is 100
feet high and from its top the angle of depression
of an object on the ground is 42o
(a) Determine the distance from the base of the tower to the object.
(b) How far is the object from the top of the tower ?
5. In the right triangle a = 7, c = 16. Find b, and angles a and b.
6. Find the exact value of cos (.a + b ), given that sin a = 2/5, and a be an angle in quadrant I and cos b =-1/4, and b be an angle in quadrant II.
7. Find the exact values of tan (2q), and cos (2q) given cos q = 5/13, and q be an angle in quadrant I.
8. Find the angle between the lines y = 2x + 1, and y = - x - 2.
9. Find the exact values of cos (q/2), and sin (q/2) given that tan q = 4, and q be an angle in quadrant I.
10. Find all solutions to
x = 3/4 in the interval (0,2p).