1. Simplify (2 + 7i)/(4 - i) and i182
2. Solve for x and write the solution set in the interval notation: |2x-1|>5.
3. Find the domain and the range of f(x) = x2 + 4x - 5 .
4. Find the standard equation of the circle which has the center at the midpoint between (2,3) and (-4,7) and radius r = 7.
5. For the function f(x) = x2 + 2, find and simplify the difference quotient (f(x+h) - f(x))/h .
6. Find the inverse of the function f(x) = (x + 2)/(2x - 5). What is domain of the inverse function?
7. Find g(f(x)) and f(g(x)) if f(x) = 2x + 4 and g(x) = x2 - x.
8. Find the equation of the line which goes through (2,1) and is perpendicular to the line 2y + 4x - 1 = 0. Sketch the graph of this line.
9. Identify the vertex, axis of symmetry, x-intercept(s), y-intercept, and the range for f(x) = x2 + 7x + 6. Sketch the graph of this function.
10. Write y = 2x2 - 4x - 6 in the form y = a(x
- h)2 + k and use it to
find the vertex and x-intercept(s) of this function.