Practice Exam 3--Answers
You can find answers to odd-numbered problems from the text in the text. Here are the answers to all other problems.
4) (a) (b)
7) (a) Half-life is about 31 days. (b) After about 72 days there will be 10 grams left.
To solve this problem, you have to notice that the initial amount, . Next, you have to find k from the equation . You obtain k = 0.0223.
8) (a) 18,221 people (b) 17.32 years
9) 161.73 feet. (The height is equal to 200tan(0.68).)
13) Since t is in the II quadrant, sin(t) is positive, cos(t) is negative. Solving
for cos(t), we obtain . Hence, , , .
14) Amplitude: (a) 3 (b) 2 (c) 1 Period: (a) (b) 1 (c)
15) (A) (B)